Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bustles!

Hands down my favorite type of clothing from the Victorian period is the bustle. So today we have some bustle loveliness courtesy of the Metropolitan Museum of Art ...enjoy!















Albert Bartholomé (French, 1848–1928)In the Conservatory (Madame Bartholomé), ca. 1881





  Actual Dress Worn
    




And finally....my own humble bustle. Hubby and I had a last minute costume party to attend so I made this really quick using a combo of tutorials found HERE and HERE.






Cheers!












2 comments:

  1. I need all of them!!!!!! I love love love the striped and the gold one, and the first one. But all of them. Need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I agree! Bustles are soo much fun to look at and even more fun to wear IMHO! I love how the victorians used striped-it makes the clothing so lively!

    ReplyDelete